CALGARY, Alberta, June 14, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Touchstone Exploration Inc. (“Touchstone” or the “Company”) (TSX:TXP) (LSE:TXP) announces that on June 13, 2018, it held its annual general meeting of shareholders (the “Meeting”). During the business proceedings at the Meeting, Touchstone’s shareholders approved the following resolutions:
- Resolution to fix the number of directors of the Company to be elected at the Meeting at seven.
- Shareholders approved the election of seven nominees as directors of Touchstone to serve until the next annual meeting of shareholders or until their successors are elected or appointed, with the number and percentage of common shares represented at the Meeting voting by way of ballot in favour of and withheld from voting for each of the individual nominees as follows:
|Name of Director Nominee||Votes For||Votes Withheld|
|Number||Percent (%)||Number||Percent (%)|
|Paul R. Baay||43,649,370||99.38||272,840||0.62|
|Kenneth R. McKinnon||43,711,755||99.52||210,455||0.48|
|Stanley T. Smith||43,784,876||99.69||137,334||0.31|
|Thomas E. Valentine||43,668,907||99.42||253,303||0.58|
|Dr. Harrie Vredenburg||43,707,481||99.51||214,729||0.49|
|John D. Wright||43,608,477||99.29||313,733||0.71|
- Resolution to re-appoint Ernst & Young LLP, Professional Chartered Accountants, as auditors of the Company for the ensuing year, at such remuneration as may be determined and fixed by the directors of the Company.
- Resolution to approve all unallocated options under the stock option plan of the Company, with 98.79% of the common shares represented at the Meeting voting in favour of the resolution.
- Resolution to confirm the existing shareholder rights plan of the Company, with 67.38% of the common shares represented at the Meeting voting in favour of the resolution.
Touchstone Exploration Inc. is a Calgary based company engaged in the business of acquiring interests in petroleum and natural gas rights, and the exploration, development, production and sale of petroleum and natural gas. Touchstone is currently active in onshore properties located in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The Company’s common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange under the symbol “TXP”.
Mr. Paul Baay, President and Chief Executive Officer; or
Mr. Scott Budau, Chief Financial Officer